Course Features! - Click HERE for the Course Flyer
Registration is now OPEN! Click Course Registration now!
Why do YOU want to be part of this program?
- Last year over 900 teachers signed up for this program.
- Last year over 350 teachers completed the program.
- Last year over 10,600 students received tobacco prevention instruction through those teachers.
- Last year, teachers were a positive influence in helping students make healthy decisions concerning tobacco.
- This year, YOU can help our children by educating them about the dangers of tobacco, how to resist the pressures of marketing and peers, and how to recognize issues related to it.
- This year, YOU can earn up to 60 teacher in-service credits as approved by your district.
- This year, YOU can create a lesson plan that will help your students and thousand of other educators.
- This year, YOU can teach 6 lessons, 5 chosen from our library of lessons and the one you created.
- This year, YOU will measure the impact of an educator on students as they learn to make healthy decisions.
This year it is YOUR turn to make this great move. The program is at no cost to you.
This course has several key features that encourage you, our educators, to take it. The Florida Department of Education has provided this opportunity to our educators at no cost because they recognize the importance of prevention.
Click for larger image
Click the picture to enlarge.
Click here to register for the course. Once you have completed the online registration process, please allow 1 to 2 business days for your enrollment to be processed. An email will be sent confirming your enrollment and providing instructions for course login. If you do not hear from us within 2 business days, please call our office.
- May 1st, 2015- Registration CLOSES at 4:00 PM
- May 20th, 2015- Lesson Plan Deadline 4:00 PM
- May 29th, 2015- The course closes at 4:00 PM
Some comments from last year's participants:
WoW! What an incredible course, very helpful and informative. I believe now, I really can make a difference in helping the lives of others. (M.P. from Palm Beach County)
Just a note to let you know I am loving doing the lessons with my kids. I have been doing 2 lessons a day, since I am on a block schedule and have my kids extended time each day. I am so amazed at how interested they are, how much they are enjoying the activities, and how may 'light bulbs' look like they're going on. I hope it translates to good choices for them at some point in their lives. (S.A. from Sarasota County)
That was probably the most interesting course I have ever taken. Thank you! (J.S. from Palm Beach County)
...was very impressed with the vidoes and the easy accesibility to the website (J.R. from Calhoun County)
The course was easy to guide myself through and the links and videos easy to get to. (K.P. from Dade County)
I felt that the course was very user friendly. (T.C. from Brevard County)
The site loaded quickly. When I had a question about an assignment, it was answered in a timely matter. (M. C. from Dade County)
I took the course from home so I had no problems. (B.A. from Dade County)
My students and I wish to thank you all for a most outstanding program. Due to the Florida Statewide Tobacco Prevention On Line Course Sy13 I grew professionally & was able to launch creative, educational common core connective lessons/activities to foster and promote life long classroom to real world learning lessons and self discovery. (J.V. from Collier County)
Download FREE Flyer- Download the the NEW 2015 informational flyer about this course. Please feel free to post it in common areas at your school or district.
Absolutely NO COST to Florida certified classroom teachers and guidance counselors
Technical support available to help you with problems
A proven program that teaches tobacco prevention education
Convenient, 24/7 online access and self-paced
Districts may award up to 60 in-service points towards teacher recertification
(Please check with your professional development department for details.)
Florida Statewide Online Tobacco Training Course for Educators
Follow Us and Stay