DATES & TIMES
Aug. 1st, 2018–8:00 AM
April 26th, 2019 – 4:00 PM
Lesson Plan Deadline
May 24th, 2019 – 4:00 PM
June 6th, 2019 - 4:00 PM
Have you taken the course in the past?
Help us out by taking this 60 second survey.
|Why do YOU want to be part of this program?
Over the past three years:
- Nearly 2,000 educators signed up for this program.
- Over 700 Florida educators completed and taught-
- Over 50,000 students tobacco prevention.
Each year, teachers demonstrate a positive influence in helping students make healthy decisions concerning tobacco.
- YOU can help our children by educating them about the dangers of tobacco.
- YOU can teach them how to resist the pressures of marketing and peers.
- And YOU can show them how to recognize issues related to it.
Once You Complete This Course You Will:
- Earn 60 OR 30 teacher in-service credits as approved by your district.
- Create a lesson plan that will help your students and thousands of other educators.
- Teach 6 lessons, 5 chosen from our library of lessons and the one you created to help your students.
- Be the expert in tobacco prevention.
- Measure the impact of an educator on students as they learn to make healthy decisions regarding tobacco use.
BRAND NEW for Florida School Nurses: 20-CEU Tobacco Prevention Training course. Click here for more info.
Please Note: If you are at a Florida school site and are having trouble accessing our site due to the firewall security settings (https), you may be more successful accessing our backup site.
- Wow! What an incredible course, very helpful and informative. I believe now, I really can make a difference in helping the lives of others. (M.P. from Palm Beach County)
- Just a note to let you know I am loving doing the lessons with my kids. I have been doing 2 lessons a day, since I am on a block schedule and have my kids extended time each day. I am so amazed at how interested they are, how much they are enjoying the activities, and how many ‘light bulbs’ look like they’re going on. I hope it translates to good choices for them at some point in their lives. (S.A. from Sarasota County)
- That was probably the most interesting course I have ever taken. Thank you! (J.S. from Palm Beach County)
- …was very impressed with the vidoes and the easy accesibility to the website (J.R. from Calhoun County)
- The course was easy to guide myself through and the links and videos easy to get to. (K.P. from Dade County)
- I felt that the course was very user friendly. (T.C. from Brevard County)
- The site loaded quickly. When I had a question about an assignment, it was answered in a timely matter. (M. C. from Dade County)
- I took the course from home so I had no problems. (B.A. from Dade County)
- My students and I wish to thank you all for a most outstanding program. Due to the Florida Statewide Tobacco Prevention On Line Course Sy13 I grew professionally & was able to launch creative, educational common core connective lessons/activities to foster and promote life long classroom to real world learning lessons and self discovery. (J.V. from Collier County)