click to enlarge
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
Tuesday, August 11th, 2016 – 8:00 AM
Friday, May 5th, 2017 – 4:00 PM
Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 – 4:00 PM
Lesson Plan Deadline
Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 – 4:00 PM
Have you taken the course in the past?
Help us out by taking this 60 second survey.
Take the Survey
|Why do YOU want to be part of this program?
- Nearly 800 educators signed up for this program.
- 313 educators completed the course.
- over 22,000 students received tobacco prevention instruction.
Each year, teachers demonstrate a positive influence in helping students make healthy decisions concerning tobacco.
- YOU can help our children by educating them about the dangers of tobacco.
- You can teach them how to resist the pressures of marketing and peers.
- And you can show them how to recognize issues related to it.
- YOU can earn 60 OR 30 teacher in-service credits as approved by your district.
- YOU can create a lesson plan that will help your students and thousands of other educators.
- YOU can teach 6 lessons, 5 chosen from our library of lessons and the one you created to help your students.
- YOU will measure the impact of an educator on students as they learn to make healthy decisions regarding tobacco use.
Please Note: If you are at a Florida school site and are having trouble accessing our site due to the firewall security settings (https), you may be more successful accessing our backup site. BACKUP LINK
Note to all potential participants:
Registration for SY18 Will open on August 15, 2017
- Wow! What an incredible course, very helpful and informative. I believe now, I really can make a difference in helping the lives of others. (M.P. from Palm Beach County)
- Just a note to let you know I am loving doing the lessons with my kids. I have been doing 2 lessons a day, since I am on a block schedule and have my kids extended time each day. I am so amazed at how interested they are, how much they are enjoying the activities, and how may ‘light bulbs’ look like they’re going on. I hope it translates to good choices for them at some point in their lives. (S.A. from Sarasota County)
- That was probably the most interesting course I have ever taken. Thank you! (J.S. from Palm Beach County)
- …was very impressed with the vidoes and the easy accesibility to the website (J.R. from Calhoun County)
- The course was easy to guide myself through and the links and videos easy to get to. (K.P. from Dade County)
- I felt that the course was very user friendly. (T.C. from Brevard County)
- The site loaded quickly. When I had a question about an assignment, it was answered in a timely matter. (M. C. from Dade County)
- I took the course from home so I had no problems. (B.A. from Dade County)
- My students and I wish to thank you all for a most outstanding program. Due to the Florida Statewide Tobacco Prevention On Line Course Sy13 I grew professionally & was able to launch creative, educational common core connective lessons/activities to foster and promote life long classroom to real world learning lessons and self discovery. (J.V. from Collier County)